Thursday, December 15, 2011

Frozen Fog.

Have you ever had those moments when you think "It cant get any worse than this!" then it does! and you wish for what you had because even though it was the worst thing in the world you now have something worse?

Yeah. I learned about this today.

I am at a very low elevation right now. It is not supposed to snow (which has made me miss the snow terribly)
So this morning when I set out to go running I had no thought of snow in my mind. I put on a hat, shorts a light jacket and started going. 
A little flakes came down, then as I got the farthest away from my dorm, It started full on with huge flakes.
I thought "well It cant get any worse." That was a mistake.
The cloud came down and devoured me.
Snow is cold. Frozen Fog is more than cold. It is a constant wet that sticks to you. I have run in snow before, but this was worse than any snow I have ever felt.

Lesson learned. When life seams like it is too much and you cant take any more, when the cold is unbearable and the stress is overwhelming, when there is no respite from all the harshness that is assaulting you, don't tempt fate, just take it like a man. Because if the words "It cant get any worse" leave your lips, then you WILL see that it can get worse. Be happy for what you have because it can ALWAYS get worse.

I am grateful for what I have. I am grateful for my trials because I can take them. 
I know it can get worse, but I am just happy for how it is now. 
Be happy for what you have and your life will be easier.
Live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment