Monday, December 12, 2011

Run Forrest Run!!!!

So here is the scenario. You are in your car or walking or something and you happen to see someone you may or may not know running. This person looks like they are doing good and you decide that you are going to be funny and say a original comment that will make them laugh. So you yell out "Run Forest Run!" I have something to say about this. It is not original. I have heard that comment yelled at me so many times, and after I hear it I always hear the person who said it snicker like its something that they made out their selves.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the support and I love to know that you see me and I do love original comments. But that comment is not original.
Our English language has so much capacity! There is so much that can be communicated in so few words! and we can express ourselves so uniquely and so well by just using our brain.
The problem here is those few words are not original.
I hear them so often.

Really I do want to hear you say something when you see me. It helps me to keep motivation to keep going. But even a simple "Hi" is better than that.

Here are some Ideas for things that you could say to runners as you see them pass:

1 Good Form!
2 Looking Good! How far are you going!
3 Hi (insert name here)!
4 I like your shoes!
5 Go! Go! Go!

Those are just a few possibilities, really they are limitless!

So just remember next time you see a person running, don't be afraid to say something other than that old Cliche.


No comments:

Post a Comment